How to find if sub is wildcard?

Home Forums Bug Bounty Q&A How to find if sub is wildcard?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After running bunch of tools I’ve list of subdomains. Now I want to do the recursion(like for each sub again subfinder, findomain etc). So my question is it worth recursing for every subdomain without knowing if it’s wildcard or not?

Gal Nagli
    Keymaster

Try using puredns.

Gal Nagli
    Keymaster

That way, it will bruteforce the list of subdomains, find the valid ones – and later will take care of the wildcards, leaving you with a unique list of subdomains that you don’t have to worry about wildcards.

Gal Nagli
    Keymaster

Apart of bruteforce you can feed the list from passive resources just to resolve.

JDRanpariya
    Participant

Thanks I think that will do as I already use puredns for resolving part. I went through Wikipedia and seems like worth it. I don’t know when but whole dns thing is so broad that reading rfc feels necessary.

I was using puredns but didn’t knew it will handle the wildcards by itself.

caon
    Participant

If you are going to use puredns get a nice list of resolvers, you can find them here:

https://github.com/felipecaon/resolvers

It is a list of already known and resolvered IPs but with re-checking steps, I’ve found out that rechecking makes them less noisy because a lot of DNSes are configured to cloak results.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by caon.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ready to join the community?

Better Together, we are waiting for you!